Monday 10 October 2016

Prelim



During filming my prelim, I've learnt and developed many skills including; filming, editing, camera angling and story boarding.
  • In my group our prelim was about a guy in the hospital who had found out that his girlfriend suffering. we was given a bouquet of flowers as our prop. For out costumes, we just had causal wear. and film our prelim in the schools reception, as if it was a hospital reception 

PLANNING

  • When planing for my prelim i drafted a storyboard to display the events in the story and organise, the camera position and dialogue. This was important as this helped me develop my prelim by identifying errors and organise the prelim. So i would know weather the concept of the shots will work. 



FILMING
During the filming of the prelim, i experimented with a range of shots for my prelim.

  • I used the match cut which is a transition to one scene to another where the character is carrying on an action, this makes the shots appear seamless, which i thought was done effectively in my prelim.
  • Another camera skill that was used well in my prelim a high shot,this is used to make the audience feel empathy for the character as they look weak and vulnerable. 
  • Lastly i used an over the shoulder shot
                                                          EDITING
  • When editing my prelim i found that using the match cut shot was successful as when editing, united together nicely.
  • When editing

SUCCESS & IMPROVEMENTS
  • What i would say went well was that we used a range of technical shots.
  • Everyone played a role in making the prelim weather it was acting filming or editing
  • When filming i didn't always leave 5 seconds at the beginning and end of each shot which made it difficult to edit.
  • When making a plan , followering it through as i felt many things were changed at the last minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment