Saturday 14 January 2017

PERSONAL REFLECTION OF ROUGH CUT 1

Being one of the main protagonists in our title sequence, I noticed a lot of mistakes I made which hindered the success of our first rough cut. One of these mistakes was not keeping my face hidden. Throughout the planning process of our film, we have altered our plot many times. Our finalised plot meant that throughout the whole title sequence, my face must remain hidden. Our title sequence consists of the two main characters being twins, one evil and one good. Alessandra, who is the twin with mental issues considered evil, throughout the film stalks her innocent twin, Millicent. As the twins are identical we decided that at the end of our title sequence the evil twin Alessandra, who is in fact played by me, will now be revealed as Louanne, who plays Millicent. In simple terms, the only face that will be predominant throughout the title sequence will be Millicent. To make this factor effective, I will need to keep my face hidden by my oversized faux fur jacket and keep my hair tucked inside the hood. 

I also need to make sure that I stay in role completely, as an actor in the title sequence. We decided that our title sequence is an independent production as our budget is low and we are unable to hire professional actors. Due to this fact, people in our group, (one being me) had to be the actors. In order to appear professional, it is important that I stay in role the whole time we are filming. This is something I am going to aim to do, as effective acting creates a sense of realism which makes the audience feel more engaged and immersed in the film. I will work on my body language, making my movements less rushed and loud in order to appear more like a stalker. I will walk more swiftly and slowly, to portray myself as aloof.


No comments:

Post a Comment